Friday, February 10, 2012

Teaching English as a Foreign Language Certificate

So I suppose I should get this beast up to date. I just returned from my China trip, but I'll get to that later. Before I went to China, I spent three weeks of Winter Vacation completing a teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) certificate. My buddy Zach recommended that I go through International TEFL and TESOL Training. I opted for the 120 hour tutored course. The course cost USD$290 but I'll make that back almost monthly with the pay raise for which it qualifies me. It also makes me quite competitive, along with my almost three and one half years of teaching experience, for future re-employment.

Anyway, I finally received my TEFL certificate, a considerable accomplishment in what I am realizing could be a long-term career path.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sean, glad to hear you got the ITTT cert. I got the same thing back in the Peace Corp days, out of boredom (now I know my 12 tenses!) I was always on the fence whether it was legit or not - so your school is accepting it? Sweet - maybe an opportunity for me in the future.Nice Pics of China. Good Camera work, looks like you had a blast, wish I could have been there. I particularly liked the communist Obama bag.Keep the flame alive,J B

    ReplyDelete